A little sweet, a little heat make these prawn skewers a favourite for the barbecue or griller. It is a really simple dish to prepare just most of the preparation time is spent in cleaning the prawns. So a good idea is to get help to speed the process.
- 48 green king prawns – peeled, back vein removed, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons parsley – washed, sliced finely
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons Thai sweet chilli sauce
- 12 metal skewers – 15cm / 6in length
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Prepare prawns and place clean prawns in a large bowl.
- Prepare parsley and lemon juice.
- In a measuring cup or small bowl add lemon juice, honey, chilli sauce and parsley. Mix well.
- Pour marinade over prawns, mix well, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place four prawns per skewer threading through two sections of each prawn – refer to photo.
- In a small bowl add olive oil and brush barbecue or griller.
- Preheat barbecue or griller on medium heat.
- Cook prawn skewers for 1-2 minutes each side. Serve.