A quick and easy meal starts by tenderising the lamb fillets in lemon marinade and lightly cooking. Tossed with fresh vegetables and feta cheese. Finally, drizzled with a refreshing rosemary lemon dressing. Tastes as good served with the lamb warm or cool, which makes it a versatile meal for cool and warmer months.
- 500g / 18oz lamb fillets – thin fillets or halved lengthwise
- 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers – washed, quartered, seeds removed, sliced
- 20 cherry tomatoes – washed, halved
- 1 small red onion – peeled, rinsed, halved, sliced finely
- 1 red & 1 green medium oak lettuces or similar – washed, drained
- 200g / 7oz feta cheese – cut into cubes
- 25 Kalamata olives
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves – washed, sliced
- 1 clove garlic – peeled, rinsed, crushed
- Add all marinade ingredients except lamb to a small bowl, mix. Add lamb and rub. Set aside.
- Prepare salad vegetables and cheese. Add to a large salad bowl beginning with lettuce leaves.
- Prepare dressing and set aside.
- Pre-heat a griller press / grill on medium to high.
- Cook lamb fillets in griller press for 3-4 minutes, the griller press cooks both sides simultaneously. Adjust cooking time depending on grill used or desired taste.
- Place on a plate and allow to rest for 2 minutes.
- Slice the lamb into thin slices.
- Add lamb to salad bowl. Drizzle dressing over lamb salad. Mix lightly and serve.