A versatile dish that can be served cool for hot summers and made ahead of time. Alternatively, simply serve warm for winter. The ingredients are easily prepared and using chargrilled capsicums from a jar definitely shortens the preparation time.
- 350g / 12oz penne – pictured spelt penne
- 24 cherry tomatoes – washed, quartered
- 14 green and 14 black pitted olives – Mediterranean mixed olives – halved
- 1 small birds eye chilli – washed, sliced finely
- 1/2 cup chargrilled capsicum in a jar – sliced thin strips
- 1 cup basil – stems removed, washed, sliced finely
- 1 cup parsley – washed, sliced finely
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- In a large pot bring water to boil, add penne and cook to packet instructions or taste. Drain.
- Prepare the fresh vegetables, herbs and capsicums while penne is cooking.
- In a large serving bowl add all ingredients and mix well. Serve.