Combining popular spaghetti and prawns, easily prepared and is on the table in no time will soon be one of your favourites. Prepare the prawns first then while the spaghetti is cooking work on the other ingredients. Toss the spaghetti in the frying pan with all ingredients and mix well there before serving.
- 500g / 1.1lb prawns – top & tail discard, peeled, deveined, rinsed
- 8 shallots – root & top removed, washed, sliced finely
- 2 garlic cloves – peeled, rinsed, crushed
- 20 grape or cherry tomatoes – washed, quartered
- 10g / 0.3oz chives – rinsed, sliced 1cm / 1/2in pieces
- 1 bird’s eye chilli – washed, stems removed, sliced finely
- 500g / 1lb spaghetti no.5
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Prepare the prawns.
- Prepare the vegetables.
- In a large pot add water to boil spaghetti and cook to packet instructions.
- While spaghetti is cooking, heat olive oil in a large frying pan on low heat.
- Add shallots and garlic sauté for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add tomatoes sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add prawns, chives and chilli sauté for a further 5 minutes. Set aside covered in frying pan.
- When spaghetti is cooked, drain and add to frying pan on low heat, mixing well.
- Serve on individual plates or in a large serving bowl.