Pumpkin with sweet potato and a good vegetable stock combines for a great soup. This version is of a thinner style and we love our homemade stock with this soup. To make it quick and easy substitute with good quality packaged stock.
- 4 cups vegetable stock (homemade or packaged) – less stock for thicker soup
- 1 onion – peeled, rinsed, sliced finely
- 1 garlic – peeled, rinsed, crushed
- 4 cups butternut pumpkin – peeled, halved, deseeded, rinsed, diced
- 2 cups sweet potato – peeled, rinsed, halved, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Prepare the stock. Prepare vegetables.
- In a large pot on medium heat add the olive oil.
- Add the onion and garlic cook for 2 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Add the pumpkin, sweet potato and cook for another 8 minutes stir frequently.
- Add stock and bring to the boil on high heat.
- Reduce to low and simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Blend soup with a food processor or blender. Serve.