Sweet potatoes mixed with white potatoes result in a nice creamy texture. This version simply uses water to cook and finally mashed with a hand held blender for a creamy consistency. If you prefer a thicker consistency use a hand masher. Tip – you can prepare the potatoes ahead of time and cover with water, which will keep well until you need to cook them.
- 4 cups medium sweet potatoes – 2 medium sweet potatoes approximately – peeled, rinsed, diced
- 2 cups potatoes of choice – 2 medium potatoes approximately – peeled, rinsed, diced
- 2 cups water
- Prepare vegetables.
- In a medium pot add vegetables and water. Bring to boil on high heat.
- Reduce and simmer covered on low to medium heat for 12-15 minutes. Potatoes should be soft when pricked with a fork.
- Pour out water and with a food processor or blender blend potatoes to desired consistency.
- Add to a serving bowl and serve hot.