Use these vegetable skewer combos as a main or as a side. Most of your time will be spent in the preparation of threading the vegetables. So try to get some help to cut down this time and you can have a chat in the process! If you have any left-overs just thread the remaining combinations left. We have barbecued the skewers and it can also be grilled.
- 1 large red onion – peeled, sliced in half, quartered
- 1 zucchini – washed, sliced 1cm / 1/4in thickness, halved
- 1-2 carrots – peeled, rinsed, sliced 1cm / 1/4in thickness
- 1 red capsicum – washed, deseeded, diced
- 8 button mushrooms – washed, halved
- 8 cherry tomatoes – washed, stems removed
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 bamboo skewers 30cm / 12in – soak in water for 5 min
- Soak skewers and prepare vegetables. Place vegetables in separate bowls for ease of threading.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil over each vegetable combination piece and mix well.
- Commence threading. Slice of onion, zucchini, onion, carrot, onion, capsicum, onion, mushroom, onion, and repeat. Top with cherry tomato.
- Repeat until all skewers are made.
- Heat barbecue or grill on medium heat.
- Cook for approximately 5 minutes turning frequently. Serve.