Pesto is great to have in a variety of dishes. It can be the highlight of a pasta, a base for a wrap or a pizza. Topping for chicken and a variety of other dishes. Our pesto is versatile to accommodate taste and requirements by simply adding and subtracting a few ingredients. Each of these recipes roughly make 1/2 cup of pesto.
Simple & basic pesto
- 1 cup of basil – washed, stems removed
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves – peeled, rinsed, crushed
Simple & basic pesto with pinenuts
- 1 quantity simple & basic pesto
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
Simple & basic pesto with pinenuts & parmesan cheese
- 1 quantity simple & basic pesto with pinenuts
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese – grated
- All directions are the same except for the pesto with parmesan cheese. This should be mixed into the basil mixture after blending.
- Prepare ingredients.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender.
- Blending until mixture is smooth and creamy for approximately 1-2 minutes. Stop and wipe down edges occasionally.
- Place in serving bowl or add to other recipe as required.