Lightly cooked rump steak enhances this fresh Asian inspired noodle salad. Great when you want a meal to serve a variety of vegetables, meat and noodles in the one easy dish all under 1 hour. It is a dish that works well warm or cool.
Rump & Marinade
- 600g / 1.3lb rump steak – remove fat & sinew
- 2 tablespoons olive oil – cooking
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 tablespoons olive oil – marinade
- 1 large clove garlic – peeled, rinsed, crushed
- 1 Lebanese cucumber – peeled, rinsed, halved, sliced length wise
- 1/2 red onion – peeled, rinsed, sliced finely
- 1 red bird’s eye chilli – rinsed, stem removed, sliced finely
- 1/2 cup mint leaves – washed, sliced roughly
- 3/4 cup unsalted cashews – chopped roughly
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger – peeled, rinsed, sliced finely
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves – washed, sliced finely
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 600g / 1.3lb hokkien noodles
- Prepare rump steak.
- Prepare marinade by adding curry, olive oil and prepared garlic into a small bowl, mix well.
- Heat olive oil in large frying pan on medium. Baste the rump steak with marinade on both sides using half of the marinade. Cook 4 minutes each side, longer if you want it medium or well done, remove from heat and rest for 5 minutes.
- Prepare vegetables and place in a large bowl.
- Slice rested rump steak thinly add to vegetables.
- Prepare dressing and add to a measuring cup, mix well. Pour over vegetables and rump, mix.
- Cook the noodles to packet instructions and drain. Toss into frying pan with remaining marinade on medium heat for 1 minute stirring frequently.
- Divide the noodles in each serving plate and top with vegetables and steak. Serve.