Curry prawns with vegetables and rice is a quick and satisfying meal combining tasty curry prawns with a colourful assortment of vegetables. You can save a bit of time by buying cleaned prawns. Our choice would be to purchase the larger ocean prawns and clean at home.
- 30 large cooked prawns – top & tail discard, peeled, deveined, rinsed
- 2 cups jasmine rice – rinsed
- 1 large onion – peeled, rinsed, halved and cut into large dices
- 1 large clove garlic – peeled, rinsed, crushed
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red capsicums – halved, deseeded, rinsed, flesh inside trimmed, sliced in thin strips
- 2 large carrots – peeled, rinsed, top cut, halved, sliced in thin strips
- 6 teaspoons curry powder or to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 celery sticks – washed, stringed, sliced in half length wise, diced
- 10 baby corn – washed, halved
- Prepare the prawns and set aside in fridge.
- Rinse rice in a bowl discarding water a few times. Cover with water and set aside.
- Prepare all vegetable ingredients.
- In a large pan heat the olive oil on low to medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add capsicum and carrots cook a further 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the curry powder with half of the water mix well cook a further 1 minute.
- Add celery and baby corn cook 7 minutes. Adding half of remaining water and mix.
- In a large pot boil water and add rice cook to packet directions. Remember when soaking rice this reduces the time of cooking. So regularly test rice and cook approximately 7-10 minutes.
- In the last 2 minutes of the rice cooking add prawns to pan with vegetables and heat on low heat adding the last of the water.
- Drain rice. Add rice to frying pan and mix well.
- Serve on individual plates or in a large serving bowl.