Serve this fresh and versatile salad as a side for meat dishes, great for fritters or as one of a combination of dishes. The salad is rich with moisture and has a beautiful dressing enhanced with macadamia oil. You can substitute macadamia oil with olive oil.
- 4 cups baby spinach – washed
- 1 small red onion – peeled, rinsed, diced
- 15 cherry tomatoes – washed, halved
- 10 black olives – deseeded, halved
- 1 avocado – discard skin, deseeded, halved, diced
- 3 tablespoons macadamia oil or olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Prepare the vegetables. Ensure spinach leaves are dried.
- On a serving plate layer spinach leaves, onion, tomatoes, olives and avocado mixing slightly.
- In a measuring cup or small dish add oil, lemon juice and mustard, mix to combine.
- Drizzle dressing over salad. Serve.